We would be delighted if you will participate in the informal Health Liaison Workshop 2018 at:
12:00 to 1:30pm
Sunday 21 January 2018
Fitzwilliam Centre, Windsor End, Beaconsfield, HP9 2JW
(lunch is included)
This immediately precedes the C&T I/G AGM at 2:00pm.
Please will you also encourage other members of your Group to also participate in the Workshop?
We will give you an update on the activities of the Health Liaison team focusing on the principal healthcare facilities which seek to offer active alcoholics pathways into recovery such as:-
- Drug & Alcohol Action Teams’ Service Providers in Aylesbury, Maidenhead, Slough, Wycombe
- Hospitals such as Princess Margaret’s (Windsor), Stoke Mandeville, Wexham Park, Wycombe
- Specialists such as Cardinal (Windsor), Whiteleaf Centre (Aylesbury) and the CRISIS Teams
- About 100 GPs’ Surgeries and Health Centres around the Intergroup
We plan to form Discussion Groups to explore questions such as:-
- Is your Group taking responsibility for establishing the pathways to carry the AA message that there is a solution for the alcoholic who still suffers with our illness?
- What are the barriers to Groups engaging with GP Surgeries and Hospitals?
- What can I/G and/or the Liaison Officers do to facilitate Groups carrying the AA message?
As you know, every Group in Chiltern & Thames has a list of Telephone Help-Line Responders. We are trying to stimulate interest in all Groups in 12th Step visits to meet with key personnel at all the principal health and social care facilities and workplaces which seek to offer active alcoholics pathways into recovery.
The 12th Step List of each Group might be the key for Tradition 5 (Each group has but one primary purpose – To carry the message to the alcoholic who still suffers). In suggesting this we are obviously sensitive to Tradition 4 (Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or AA as a whole).
We suggest that you consider holding a Group Conscience to discuss these questions and feedback your Group’s views at the workshop.
Please will you let us know if there are any other questions or topics which you suggest we cover?