Do you think you might have a problem with alcohol? Consider this list of questions
- Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
- Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking – stop telling you what to do?
- Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
- Have you had a drink in the morning during the past year?
- Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
- Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
- Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
- Do you ever try to get ‘extra’ drinks at a party because you do not get enough?
- Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don’t mean to?
- Have you missed days off work because of drinking?
- Do you have ‘blackouts’?
- Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
Did you answer YES four times or more? If so, you are probably in trouble with alcohol. Why do we say this? Because thousands of people in AA have said so for many years. They found out the truth about themselves – the hard way.
Why not click here to download our newcomers pack to see if AA is for you.
If you’d like to try out one of our meetings click here to find one near you.
if you live in the Chiltern & Thames area.
For the national helpline, please call